The Copernican Model:
A Sun-Centered Solar System
The Earth-centered Universe of Aristotle and Ptolemy held sway on Western thinking for
almost 2000 years. Then, in the 16th century a new idea was proposed by the Polish astronomer Nicolai Copernicus (1473-1543).
***NOTES OF SOPHIA OF WISDOM III - AS OF APR 11 - 2003 I HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THE
ILLUMINATI SO THIS MAKES SENSE BECAUSE THE MOTHER'S OF DARKNESS HAVE BEEN DESTROYING MY UNIVERSE SINCE JFK,JR SUPPOSLY
DIED IN 1999
SEE LINK FOR EARTH WAS & STILL IS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
That ancient astronomers could convince themselves that this elaborate scheme
still corresponded to "uniform circular motion" is testament to the power of three ideas that we now know to be completely
wrong, ***NOTES FROM SOPHIA OF WISDOM III - THESE IDEAS ARE RIGHT but that were so ingrained in the astronomers of an earlier age that they were essentially never questioned:
- All motion in the heavens is uniform circular motion.
- The objects in the heavens are made from perfect material, and cannot change their intrinsic
properties (e.g., their brightness).
- The Earth is at the center of the Universe.
*****NOTES FROM SOPHIA OF WISDOM III - THESE IDEAS ARE TRUE
SEE LINK FOR EARTH IS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
A Sense of Time and Scale
Our modern perception of the Universe has been drastically reshaped from the corresponding perception
of only a few hundred years ago.
Changing Perceptions of the Universe
Our understanding of the Universe with respect to it size, temporal duration, the kinds of events
that take place in it, and the kinds of objects that it contains has undergone serious revision in the last few centuries:
- Only in the last 400 years or so have we realized that the earth is not the "center", and that the Universe
- The Sun would hold 1.3 million Earths.
- There are 200 billion "Suns" in a galaxy like our own Milky Way Galaxy.
- Astronomers can see billions of galaxies.
- We don't know whether the Universe has an "end" or not; we are not completely sure even of the full meaning
of the question.
- Only in the last 50 years have we realized that the Universe is not static.
***NOTES FROM SOPHIA OF WISDOM III - THIS MEANS THERE HAS BEEN NO MAGTIC GRID THAT I FIRST CREATED
FOR THE LAST 50 YEARS - I WAS ALSO BORN IN 1959 = 50 YEARS AGO